The Quality Certification Program (QCP) continued its pattern of steady growth as the chart below illustrates. Actual projects certified increased in 2017 although project registrations showed a slight decrease. Licensees are continuing to maintain their advantage of being pre-qualified to meet specifications that require a QCP project certificate. A slight increase in 2017 renewals occurred over the last two years, and QCP attracted 59 new applicants again, equal to 2016.
In order to obtain project certificates and/or labels, the project must be registered prior to submitting a request for certification. Remember, certification orders must be made at least two weeks prior to the commencement of fabrication to allow for scheduling of compliance inspections during the fabrication phase of the work.
- Anyone can register a project (owner, design professional, general contractor, woodworker).
- Only a QCP licensed company may certify a project.
- Project certification fees are five hundred dollars ($500) or one half of a percent, ½%, of the woodwork contract; whichever is greater.
- For complete information on certifying a project, read Section 4 of the QCP Policies.
Note: The chart reflects activity through December 31, 2017
- To register a project, go to https://secure.awiqcp.org/forms/register-project.
- To order project certification, go to www.awiqcp.org/Project/Label/Order. As stated above, this step must be completed at least two weeks prior to commencement of fabrication to avoid any program penalties or project delays.
- To order a project inspection go to https://secure.awiqcp.org/forms/request-inspection
- For complete information on renewing your QCP License see Section 3 of the QCP Policies. If you were Suspended for non-payment of the annual fee and have no other outstanding invoices, you may be reinstated without having to reapply in accordance with Section 3.1.7 of the QCP Policies and payment of the annual renewal fee plus the $300 late fee. You will need your Username and Password for renewing your QCP License.
If you’re interested in joining other successful QCP licensed firms and feel it is attainable for your company, explore the QCP application process by contacting Roxanne Accetta 571.222.4945 or visit our website, awiqcp.org, for further details. Prior to applying, be sure to read the entire QCP Policies as your application fee is non-refundable.